Subject: Re: kern/35351 (Re: CVS commit: src/sys/kern)
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Elad Efrat <e@murder.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/07/2007 20:12:57
YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:

> is there a PR?

no.

> does veriexec serialize calls to fileassoc?

given how veriexecctl works, I don't think it needs to.

(I'm getting rather tired of this thread. if you think fileassoc is
dangerous, fine, do whatever you like: disable it, disable veriexec,
remove whatever code you want from the tree, I *really* don't care.
I do think, however, that this will probably be a bigger disservice to
the netbsd project and user community than you think, and suggest you
try to take a look at what critical bugs netbsd-4 will ship with before
you're blowing this issue beyond proportion. the only user of fileassoc
in netbsd-4 which I'm willing to "back up" is veriexec, and given the
ioctl() calls, triggering fileassoc_add(), happen in a userland "loop"
in a single execution thread, I don't see a problem.)

-e.