Subject: wedges and portable media
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/06/2007 21:22:54
On a NetBSD/evbmips board, I am trying to access a couple of partitions on
a CF card that I originally created for i386, using wedges.  I have found
out that the kernel sets the wedge's parent device to the architecture's
notion of the "raw partition" on the device.  That choice isn't right
if the disk will be moved back and forth between i386 and evbmips.

I am not sure whether/how to fix this.  Should dkwedge_compute_pdev()
search the partition table for the partition that matches the disk
geometry?  For the partition that encloses all other partitions?

Dave