Subject: review/help wanted on envctrl driver
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Tobias Nygren <tnn+nbsd@nygren.pp.se>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/01/2007 15:37:15
Hi,

I've done some cleanup on my envctrl(sparc64) driver and would like
someone to review it. One thing I'm not happy with right now is how
pcfiic attaches to envctrl.

( Sources at http://netilium.org/~tnn/netbsd-envctrl/ )

1) Should pcf8584.c be moved from dev/i2c to dev/ic or it is fine
   the way I implemented it?
2) In case of (1), should pcfiic attach through autoconf?
3) In case of (2), how should it attach?
 "pcfiic at ebus" doesn't make sense to me as the i2c bus should be
 internal to the envctrl driver. Another option would be
 "pcfiic at envctrl" but I'm not sure how to accomplish this.

Another thing I'm pondering is if fan regulation should be
disabled by default, and whether or not it should be a compile-time
option or a sysctl knob.
Please comment on any bad code and KNF deviations as well.
I'm still investigating how to hook up the interrupts, but this
is not a critical issue.

-Tobias