Subject: Re: Winbond WS83627THF on certain motherboard
To: Dennis den Brok <d.den.brok@uni-bonn.de>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/27/2007 09:00:35
On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 01:17:23PM +0200, Dennis den Brok wrote:
> The Base address for the Winbond WS83627THF on the 986LCD-M/mITX board is:
> #define Iport 0x2e
> #define Dport 0x2f

If this is a "low-pin count" Super I/O chip, those might be configuration
addresses, and the BIOS will have already configured it.

I haven't worked with Super I/O parts recently, and I don't recall
exactly how they're configured, but as I recall, the newer ones do
get configured through two I/O addresses--different devices can be
enabled or disabled, I/O addresses set, etc.  I think you need the
device manual, which it looks like is on winbond's site (for the
83627HF).  Ah, yes...  Looking at p. 80 of that manual, the addresses
above correspond to EFIR and EFDR for the chip as a whole.  Access
to the h/w monitoring looks to be either through I2C or through I/O
ports, and exactly how/where is likely configured through the
"extended function" configuration.

-allen

--
Allen Briggs  |  http://www.ninthwonder.com/~briggs/  |  briggs@ninthwonder.com