Subject: Dell DRAC5
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Loic Hoguin <essen@dev-extend.eu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/23/2007 15:59:56
Hello,

I have here a Dell PowerEdge 2950 running netbsd4.

Everything seems to work well (although I haven't tested much yet), but I
have a small problem when trying to access it using a Dell Remote Access
Controller card (the DRAC).

Here's the dmesg for this specific device:

uhub4 at uhub3 port 1
uhub4: Dell product 0xa001, class 9/0, rev 2.00/0.00, addr 2
uhub4: multiple transaction translators
uhidev0 at uhub4 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0
uhidev0: Dell DRAC5, rev 1.10/0.00, addr 3, iclass 3/1
ukbd0 at uhidev0
uhidev1 at uhub4 port 1 configuration 1 interface 1
uhidev1: Dell DRAC5, rev 1.10/0.00, addr 3, iclass 3/1
ums0 at uhidev1
ums0: X report 0x0002 not supported
umass0 at uhub4 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0
umass0: DELL  INC. DRAC5 VIRTUAL  MEDIA, rev 2.00/0.00, addr 4
umass0: using SCSI over Bulk-Only
umass1 at uhub4 port 2 configuration 1 interface 1cd1 at scsibus1 target 0
lun 0: <Dell, Virtual  CDROM, 123> cdrom removable
umass1: DELL  INC. DRAC5 VIRTUAL  MEDIA, rev 2.00/0.00, addr 4
umass1: using SCSI over Bulk-Only

The problem is simple: accessing using the DRAC works, I can type and all,
but each time I press a key or I move the mouse I have the following
message:

uhidev0: bad input length 8 != 0

Since it appears each time I press a key, it's quite unusable.

I currently commented it out in the source code (sys/dev/usb/uhidev.c line
465-466) and recompiled the kernel to make the DRAC usable.

Any better suggestions?

Regards,

--
Loïc Hoguin