Subject: ahdi timeouts and vnlock lockups again
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Edgar =?iso-8859-1?B?RnXf?= <efnbl06@bn2.maus.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/19/2007 00:33:18
On the machine that's supposed to become our new fileserver, I'm running into
problems again.
n preparation for a stress test for the RAID, I NFS-exported the ~1TB
filesystem and mounted it on our old fileserver. I then tar'd lots of data
into a single archive.

What I ended up with was lots of

ahd1: ahd_timeout
ahd1: Timedout SCB already complete. Interrupts may not be functioning.

entries in syslog plus all four NFS deamons stuck in vnlock.
Every other process trying to access the RAID also locks up in vnlock.

Anything I can investigate before I've got to re-boot the machine tomorrow?

I don't feel very comfortable with this since the fileserver locking up
under heavy load will probably be a nightmare.

The machine runs 4.0 beta 2.