Subject: Re: USB stack needs early review (Re: Someone should fix our USB stack...)
To: ITOH Yasufumi <itohy@netbsd.org>
From: Cherry G. Mathew <cherry.g.mathew@gmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/18/2007 15:26:19
On 3/17/07, ITOH Yasufumi <itohy@netbsd.org> wrote:
> In article <200703171144.30378.hselasky@c2i.net>
> hselasky@c2i.net writes:
>
> > > Is anybody working on this?
> >
> > Yes, these problems have already been solved. The only solution I see is that
> > we change the USB API, due to the problems you experience, like sleeping in
> > non-sleepable contexts. All memory needs to be pre-allocated in a separate
> > context.
>
> Ah, I'll stop further development.
> Thanks,
> --
> ITOH Yasufumi

ehci0: handing over full speed device on port 2 to uhci0
uhub3: port 2, device disappeared after reset
uhub0: port 2, set config at addr 2 failed
uhub0: device problem, disabling port 2

Would this possibly be fixed by the new code ?
uhub0 is attached to uhci

A USB2.0 stick works properly with uhub3 -> ehci0

I disabled ehci and tried again, and got the same error for both the
USB2 stick and the USB1 stick which caused the above dmesg.

Any pointers on where to start debugging ?

Thanks,
--
~Cherry