Subject: Re: Patches for EST and SMP
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/17/2007 19:44:15

rmind@ said that yamt-idlelwp will have something for this, until then
as ad@ told me, there's no other way for this.

> This can be done in multiple ways, e.g. by moving the current thread
> voluntarily to a different CPU, by using a messsage thread o neach CPU
> to processes a queue etc. This needs some discussion of course, but can
> we at least do it now after it was shown that the existing MD ways are
> difficult to use correctly?

I just did what people suggested, the code is there, it works.
EST/POWERNOW+SMP now works, what's the problem until we have the
proper API?

--

http://plog.xtrarom.org/
Juan RP's blog - NetBSD/pkgsrc news in Spanish