Subject: Re: New RTL8168 revision(?)
To: Dennis den Brok <d.den.brok@uni-bonn.de>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/16/2007 20:13:02
On Aug 6,  6:29pm, "Dennis den Brok" wrote:
}
} I've come across a motherboard (Kontron 986LCD/mBGA) with an apparently
} new (in that it seems not to be supported by re(4)) revision of an
} RTL8168-based chipset. pcictl says it's revision id 0x01. Does anyone have
} a driver for this? Otherwise: I don't really get how I have to set the
} "revision"-field in that struct in if_re_pci.c such that it at least feels
} responsible for the device... 0x02000001 is what pcictl's 3rd column says.
} If it's likely that the chip will just work when matched, can I somehow
} derive the entry for the revision in if_re_pci.c from pcictl's output (or
} anywhere else)? (The other BSDs don't match it, yet, either.)

     Can you post the dmesg output?

}-- End of excerpt from "Dennis den Brok"