Subject: Re: RFRAC: p4tcc
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/14/2007 21:51:04
On Wednesday 14 March 2007, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 08:30:07PM +0100, Juan RP wrote:
> >  Restrict power consumption by using thermal control circuit.
> >  This operates independently of speedstep.
>
> Can you elaborate the "independence"?
>
> Using yet another similar sysctl namespace does not sound like the optimal
> API for this.

IMHO it's better to have this until sysmon_cpu gets finished, I had
a working prototype past year, but cube was not happy with it so I have to
rewrite it again.

I just added the sysctl tree that est/powernow/longrun is using, and it
should be compatible with estd (minimal changes required).

--

http://plog.xtrarom.org/
Juan RP's blog - NetBSD/pkgsrc news in Spanish