Subject: Re: Belkin Bluetooth vs aue vs ubt
To: None <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
From: Terry Moore <tmm@mcci.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/12/2007 14:10:47
Hi Matthias,

At 06:14 PM 3/12/2007 +0100, Matthias Drochner wrote:

>tmm@mcci.com said:
> > For what it's worth, the USB 2.0 spec in chapter 10 explicitly
> > specifies that vendor/product matches should take priority over  class/
> > subclss/proto.
>
>Can you tell the exact location? It certainly makes sense, just
>I didn't see it explicitely in the spec.

My mistake on the reference.

It's in the Common Class specification,
http://www.usb.org/developers/devclass_docs/usbccs10.pdf, section
3.10 (pp numbered 6 & 7)

> > Also, this is what Windows does.
>
>Also Linux/FreeBSD/whatever. Remains the question why noone
>else has this problem appearently. Perhaps just a single
>wrong device... Google found a file where USB IDs are collected:
>http://siv.mysite.orange.co.uk/downloads/usbdevs.txt
>There are 3 Belkin Bluetooth device IDs (0081/0083/0084),
>and there is no sign of an ambiguity about device ID 0121.

Did you post descriptors for the good device and the bad device (I
might have missed them)?  If not, could you email the device
descriptor & config-descriptor-bundle to me (hex format is fine)?

Best regards,
--Terry