Subject: Re: Belkin Bluetooth vs aue vs ubt
To: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
From: Iain Hibbert <plunky@rya-online.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/09/2007 22:32:52
On Fri, 9 Mar 2007, Stephen Borrill wrote:

> So what's the solution in this case?
>
> I've had a couple of aue testers look at this and the device class for a
> genuine aue is UDCLASS_IN_INTERFACE, but we can't use the class information in
> the Interface Descriptors because we've already returned with UMATCH_NONE if
> there is an interface set up!

I think the solution (long-term) is that since the DeviceClass says
IN_INTERFACE, if_aue should be looking at the interface class for the
information and probably attaching by interface, also..

..though of course, that won't fix the current problem unless it can
identify devices by Class/SubClass/Protocol instead of by vendor/product
as it does now.

(ie I dont know :)

> However, I don't think we need to be too fastidious about this. How about:

If so, I would like to see a huge comment explaining the motivations
behind the bodge..

iain