Subject: Re: PCI latency timer values
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/09/2007 16:20:34
On Fri, Mar 09, 2007 at 04:19:42PM -0500, Blair Sadewitz wrote:
> On amd64 -current, all of my PCI latency timer values read 0x00.  The
> BIOS setting is 0xff, but I take it that different cards can have
> different requirements.  However, thus far I haven't noticed that I
> have any hardware which explicitly sets it.  Is this expected
> behavior?
>
> If someone could please sanity-check the following, I'd appreciate it.

The latency timer values do look wrong, but I am no longer astonished
when PCI BIOS screws that up.  What is really extraordinary is that the
devices' minimum grant is zero.

Is the performance of your system ok?

I see that you have PCI Express on your system.  Maybe the latency timer
has a different significance on PCIe than on "legacy" PCI.

Dave