Subject: Re: Belkin Bluetooth vs aue vs ubt
To: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
From: Iain Hibbert <plunky@rya-online.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/07/2007 21:04:15
On Wed, 7 Mar 2007, Stephen Borrill wrote:

> + +	if (type->aue_flags & UBT) {
> +		usb_device_descriptor_t *dd;
> +		dd = usbd_get_device_descriptor(uaa->device);
> +		if (dd != NULL
> +		    && dd->bDeviceClass == UDCLASS_WIRELESS
> +		    && dd->bDeviceSubClass == UDSUBCLASS_RF
> +		    && dd->bDeviceProtocol == UDPROTO_BLUETOOTH)
> +			return (UMATCH_NONE);

Just out of interest (I'm not sure I know much about it :), ubt uses the
interface descriptor to match, whereas you are using the device
descriptor.. is this significant?

would it be more useful (Well, not sure that many manufacturers re-use
product IDs) to discard 'not ethernet' rather than 'bluetooth'?

(I'm concerned that bluetooth is getting a bad rep :)

iain