Subject: Re: automatic vnconfig -c at mount-rootfs
To: Toru Nishimura <locore64@alkyltechnology.com>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/06/2007 15:33:22
--xB0nW4MQa6jZONgY

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 12:50:55PM +0900, Toru Nishimura wrote:
> I'm toying to have rootfs on vnd0 which is automatically bound
> with its backing store at mount-rootfs stage.  NetBSD/xen does
> the similar and RAIDframe does more complicated manevour,
> so I guess my idea could be achievable.  It's welcome to have me
> any code segments/pointers to analyse.  The backing store will
> be FAT on silicon disks.

Would the init.root chroot handling added some time ago to support
(eg) root on cgd not suffice?

The idea is that rc on the base root does enough setup to get a real
filesystem mounted (vnd in your case), and sets init.root to that
mountpoint before exiting, then init chroot's to that path and runs
the real rc from there.

--
Dan.

--xB0nW4MQa6jZONgY