Subject: Re: Big RAIDframe
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/05/2007 15:25:06
> I had a ~10Tb RF on my laptop a few years back [...]

> It seemed to work fine for the raw partition (I couldn't use
> disklabel, as you would be aware).

So it works about as well as a single real disk that big would
(assuming a disk interface that didn't have a 2T limit)?  That's about
as much as I could expect.

> I didn't use it extensively enough to detect the kinds of subtle
> filesystem problems you've seen in the past, but if you're using the
> volume for something else than FFS that shouldn't be as much of a
> concern.

No, it'd be used for FFS, and I'd throw my filesystem tester stuff at
it before committing real data to it.  I just wanted to save the time
and effort if it were known to be busted or something.

Thank you for the help!

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign