Subject: Re: DOS on private network, and pf bug
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: George Georgalis <george@galis.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/03/2007 23:56:59
Continued from a tech-kern thread...
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.netbsd.devel.kernel/25102

On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 04:20:30PM -0500, George Georgalis wrote:
>This setup has been working without issue for about 45 days. That changed
>yesterday when nobody could connect to sshd; but everything else worked.
>RAM test was perfect. the only anomaly was in the kernel log.

the host stopped responding again after 24 or 36 hours up. When it
completed fsck (successfully), run from an install cdrom kernel,
the PS/2 keyboard no longer accepted input.

so apparently there is hardware issue (or some whack compromised
eprom...), any ideas to identify the fault directly? we could
do some, but testing each component in known good hardware would
probably be too time consuming.

The odd thing is the RAM tested okay in an all night test Thurs
eve.  So, is the second (of two) cpu the most likely problem?
(hummm, the keyboard failed with a mono cpu install kernel).

Ideas?

// George