Subject: /dev/ksyms not configured?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/02/2007 20:49:31
I'm trying to modload -s a lkm and I'm getting
modload: /dev/ksyms: Device not configured

(I need the symbol table loading for use by another lkm).

This is GENERIC 3.1_STABLE with the lkm compiled up against the same
source tree. The same lkm source and NetBSD tree code yields a loadable
lkm elsewhere (not tried the same kernel, but GENERIC has "options LKM").

I can't see what's different except for this machine is using grub to dual
boot with Linux. I'm doing a kernel load with "kernel --type=netbsd
/netbsd" (i.e. I have to specify the root device) as chainloading didn't
work for me (yet).

--
Stephen