Subject: pci_mapreg_map with 64-bit addresses
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/01/2007 11:38:51
I've been playing around with radeonfb, and the first (of many, I'm
sure, given I'm using a PCIE card) is that pci_find_mem (called from
pci_mapreg_map) wants a type 0 address (32-bit) but gets a type 4
(64-bit).   I've never done anything like this before, so I'm
wondering what the proper/preferred way is to handle such situations.

I am a bit discouraged by the fact that the PCI vga driver ignores
64-bit BARs. ;)

Thanks,

--Blair

--
Support WFMU-FM: free-form radio for the masses!
<http://www.wfmu.org/>

"The frivolity and boredom which unsettle the established order, the
vague foreboding of something unknown, these are the heralds of
approaching change.  The gradual crumbling that left unaltered the
face of the whole is cut short by a sunburst which, in one flash,
illuminates the features of the new world."  --G.W.F. Hegel,
_Phenomenology of Spirit_ 5:11