Subject: Re: rasops "clipping"
To: Andrew Doran <ad@netbsd.org>
From: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/27/2007 13:04:44
That's what it seemed like to me, heh.
I looked at the code and it was not clear to me what it was supposed
to do, and how it would be beneficial.

That said, the reason I tried this option in the first place was a
shot-in-the-dark move to try to fix problems with VGA_RASTERCONSOLE on
i945 graphics hardware (82801GB/GR motherboard).  It seems like it
paints the text on in sections of the screen, and they were completely
misaligned.  This does not happen on my X800 radeon.

I've been trying to get radeonfb to work; does anyone know if
something has to be changed in sys/arch/x86/x86/consinit.c for its
attachment to happen properly?  I realize that the problems may go way
beyond this given which adapter I'm using but I just want to rule it
out.

Regards,

--Blair

--
Support WFMU-FM: free-form radio for the masses!
<http://www.wfmu.org/>

"The frivolity and boredom which unsettle the established order, the
vague foreboding of something unknown, these are the heralds of
approaching change.  The gradual crumbling that left unaltered the
face of the whole is cut short by a sunburst which, in one flash,
illuminates the features of the new world."  --G.W.F. Hegel,
_Phenomenology of Spirit_ 5:11