Subject: Re: improving kqueue
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Milos Negovanovic <milos.negovanovic@googlemail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/23/2007 22:22:02
On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 04:20:21PM -0500, Matthew Mondor wrote:
> I would be interested to know more about the particular project(s) this
> feature was requested for.  For a fam daemon replacement, the

I ran into this problem with kqueue some months ago while doing
research/preparation work for distributed pkgsrc build system. In
short: idea is to monitor pkgsrc tree for changes, filter out relevant
ones and send build jobs to slave boxes.

Also I do have some random ideas about different things that can be
achieved if, more or less, full and cheap monitoring of large parts of
file system can be done (i guess many do), none are relevant for this
list tho :).

IMO it would be a nice option to have when dealing with kqueue.

Regards
Milos