Subject: Re: Please Revert newlock2
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/20/2007 22:00:01
> As far as I can tell (though I could, I suppose, call him and ask, if
> you wish) Jason read his NetBSD email, which he does every week or
> so, saw that some of it concerned both the evbarm port and newlock2,
> which he did significant work on in the past, and tried to help you
> by offering such explanations and information as he personally had.

Then he - Jason - did it in a remarkably badly worded way.  Bucky was
not alone in reading thorpej's message as "I am personally refusing to
permit this to be backed out" rather than "my considered opinion is
that you aren't going to be able to get this backed out" - I read it
the same way myself, as placing Jason and Bucky in opposition to one
another rather than Jason as being but a bearer of bad news.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign