Subject: Re: Please Revert newlock2
To: Bucky Katz <bucky@picovex.com>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/20/2007 20:47:22
On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 05:37:30PM -0800, Bucky Katz wrote:

> Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org> writes:

[snip the quotation from Jason]

> I have noted that you speak both for core _and_ for "the Project as a
> whole."

What?  Now I am really confused.

Jason is corresponding with you on a public mailing list from his personal
email address, offering you his opinion.  He isn't a member of core, and
he isn't "the Project as a whole" though he is certainly a valuable part
of it.

You say you're trying to be direct.  I know Jason pretty well, and Jason
just _is_ pretty direct.  But somehow you both seem to be speaking directly
past one another -- and, I must admit, past me, and probably past anyone
else reading this too.

--
Thor Lancelot Simon	                               tls@rek.tjls.com
  "All of my opinions are consistent, but I cannot present them all