Subject: Re: Please Revert newlock2
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/20/2007 20:40:37
> I don't (speak for core).  However, the momentum (in both reasoning
> and deeds) is too strong to go back at this point.

...huh?

I've been hearing people saying for a long time that NetBSD needs new
users.  Here we have a user, a user squarely in the middle of what we
have been claiming NetBSD is all about, pointing out that we've broken
something he was depending on - because it was an advertised feature, I
gather - without any replacement, and you're saying, damn the
torpedoes, full speed ahead away from being useful to this user.

Something's wrong with this picture.

There is no reason whatever we couldn't go back.  CVS is totally
competent to cough up the state the tree used to be in.  A more
accurate phrasing would be that you are not willing to go back.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign