Subject: Re: Please Revert newlock2
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Bucky Katz <bucky@picovex.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/20/2007 15:37:05
Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org> writes:

> On Feb 20, 2007, at 2:45 PM, Bucky Katz wrote:
>
>> I dunno. #ifdefing out the "new scheduling infrastructure" should be
>> just as easy as #ifdefing in the SA code.
>>
>> Not seeing a problem here.
>
> I am -- you're basically asking for it to be backed out, and that
> simply isn't going to happen.

That's a social problem. I was talking about there not being any
actual difficulty in accomplishing the goal.

I also wasn't aware that you spoke for core.  Where I last left this
with core was an investigation to see how reasonable it would be to
do, that's been hampered by tip'o'tree at first not building and now
not running on ARM.