Subject: Re: Please Revert newlock2
To: None <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/19/2007 11:52:02
In article <45D90E04.7090606@3am-software.com> you write:
>Bucky Katz wrote:
>> If you mean (and I suspect you do) The "Fast Context Switch Extention"
>> FCSE, then yes the OMAP processors we are currently using support it.
>
>Except that FCSE is useless for NetBSD.  It reduces each process to a 64MB
>(25 bit address space).

That need not be useless -- NetBSD/acorn26 only has 32MB of virtual
address space and it's usable for small applications.

[ NetBSD/acorn26 is currently second on my list of projects after
  draft-bjh21-ssh-transport-extension, so I'm afraid it'll be at least a
  week before I try to make it work with newlock2. ]

--
Ben Harris