Subject: Re: Please Revert newlock2
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/18/2007 02:07:12
--Sru3q8HFOhSgpO/v

On Sun, Feb 18, 2007 at 01:48:30AM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Feb 2007, Nathan J. Williams wrote:
> >>3) a reasonable amount of pthread testing
> >
> >This is more reasonable, but again I think that it's just out of scope
> >for one developer. That doesn't mean that that one developer shouldn't
> >introduce the change; it means that the developer should help move
> >things along as problems are reported. From what I've seen, that's
> >what's happening.
>=20
> are there any regression tests known to fail now that did pass before?

sigmask2 and sigmask3 don't pass on amd64.  Andrew told me that all
tests passed on i386 before the merge;  I won't be able to check if they
still pass on i386 before tomorrow, but at least they fail identically
under COMPAT_NETBSD32 (which I haven't committed yet).

If anyone can test them on a real i386, I'm interested in the result.

--=20
"You could have made it, spitting out benchmarks
Owe it to yourself not to fail"
Amplifico, Spitting Out Benchmarks, Hometakes Vol. 2, 2005.

--Sru3q8HFOhSgpO/v

--Sru3q8HFOhSgpO/v--