Subject: Re: MD api changes for idlelwp branch
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Andrew Doran <ad@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/17/2007 19:51:31
On Sun, Feb 18, 2007 at 02:53:54AM +0900, YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:

> can anyone, esp. non-x86 folks, review these api?  thanks.

[cpu_switchto]

"cpu_switchto() doesn't switch address spaces.". I know sparc currently
needs to play with address space identifiers on switch. Could lazy switching
be done for that instead?

[cpu_need_resched]

I noticed that you implemented monitor/mwait, which was on my list of SMP
tasks (thanks!). It might be useful have a "bool immediate" argument. If a
high priority LWP has been released (e.g. realtime) it would probably make
sense to force the resched to happen immediately.

Andrew