Subject: Re: azalia(4) mmap() support?
To: None <pierrick@bs-network.net>
From: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/16/2007 10:42:06
Ah-ha! I found something on this finally.  Google for "Microsoft
Device Driver Interface for HD Audio".  Look for where it starts
talking about AllocateDMABuffer.  From reading this, it's quite
possible to get this to work.  It's just not as straightforward as
other drivers.

It sure would be nice if we could rig up something to reflect the full
capability of this chipset regarding mapping (you'll see in the
document), but I dont know if our API could handle that.
Where did you go, kent-audio2? :(

Regards,

--Blair

Support WFMU-FM: free-form radio for the masses!
<http://www.wfmu.org/>

"The frivolity and boredom which unsettle the established order, the
vague foreboding of something unknown, these are the heralds of
approaching change.  The gradual crumbling that left unaltered the the
face of the whole is cut short by a sunburst which, in one flash,
illuminates the features of the new world."  --G.W.F. Hegel,
_Phenomenology of Spirit_ 5:11