Subject: Re: problems in a full ffs file system
To: Peter Jordan <p.jordan@teles.de>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/16/2007 08:05:55
On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 01:27:59PM +0100, Peter Jordan wrote:

> After making this file bigger with:
>
> 	cat ffs_test >> ffs_test
>
> this file (ffs_test) is corrupt.

What is "corrupt" supposed to mean?  You need to supply a useful
example of this "corruption", or nobody will be able to help you
debug.

If you mean that only part of the last write actually ends up in
the file, that is exactly what is supposed to happen if root fills
the filesystem to capacity.  If it's something else, it may in fact
be a bug.

--
Thor Lancelot Simon	                               tls@rek.tjls.com
  "All of my opinions are consistent, but I cannot present them all