Subject: choosing a fibre card, again
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: George Georgalis <george@galis.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/14/2007 10:51:01
A little while back I asked some questions about HBA for an external
disk enclosure. I got some good advise leading me to the pci-x version
of the apple fibre card, which runs for $500.

Since that is a 2Gb card, our vendor is recommending a 4Gb which is
only $300 more, a small percentage of the entire system.

However, referring to isp(4)

  The model is the QLE2460, which is the next
  generation beyond what they have listed.

  All of the drivers carried over from those boards
  on your list to these 4Gb cards.

  http://support.qlogic.com/support/product_resources.asp?id=934

has anyone tried this card?

// George