Subject: Re: wscons versus z8530tty
From: Julian Coleman <jdc@coris.org.uk>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/09/2007 12:27:30
> So all you have to do is make a probe routine that does this, and have it
> so the place that sets ZS_HWFLAG_CONSOLE is in your zscninit() routine.
> Then these flags will only be set if you're on a serial console.
>
> Make sense?

It does.  Thanks!  I guess the reason the MI code is like this is because
the sparc console keyboard and mouse are attached to a zs serial port.  So,
sparc always has a "serial" console, just sometimes it's a sun keyboard and
not a terminal ;-)

  My other computer also runs NetBSD    /        Sailing at Newbiggin
        http://www.netbsd.org/        /   http://www.newbigginsailingclub.org/