Subject: Re: resize_ffs problems on ffs1 with updated ffs1 superblock
To: None <jim@rumah.comdotcom.com.au>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/07/2007 09:34:14
On Wed, 7 Feb 2007, jim@rumah.comdotcom.com.au wrote:

> According to dumpfs wd0a the file system is ffsv1 with an ffsv1 superblock
> Yet resize_ffs reports that
> Cannot resize ffsv2 format suberblock!
>
> looking in the code for resize_ffs I see this error occurs when  the super
> block contains FS_FLAGS_UPDATED.
>
> Is there a way around this?

   Resize_ffs has been doing this ever since ffsv2 was imported.  I tried
is once quite a while ago and saw the same problem.  I didn't pursue it
any further at the time, but not too long ago I wanted to resize a
filesystem.  I looked into the problem and figured out what it was doing
and came up with a patchy.

  I have just submitted a PR for this problem.  I don't have the PR number
yet.

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant