Subject: Re: nfe(4) hardware checksum support
To: None <jmarin@embedtronics.fi>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/04/2007 12:46:27
jmarin@embedtronics.fi wrote:

> I applied the patch today and built a new kernel from the -current sources
> of today.  Unfortunately, the patch doesn't seem to fix the problem.
> When accessing two NFS servers simultaneously, packet reception stops
> every now and then for about 30 seconds at a time.

Hmm, I'm afraid it's difficult to debug it only by code inspection,
but could you check which TX or RX could cause problem (by ttcp etc.)
and interrupt/network statistics during stall (by vmstat -i or
netstat -i etc.)?

If FreeBSD or OpenBSD have the similar problem, maybe
we need chip docs (there are several magic in the source).
---
Izumi Tsutsui