Subject: Re: nfe(4) hardware checksum support
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@embedtronics.fi>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/24/2007 19:57:46
On Sat, Jan 06, 2007 at 08:18:24PM -0500, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Jan 2007, Jukka Marin wrote:
> >Has anything been done to fix the nfe freeze problem which causes the
> >packet reception to stop completely?  The reception may or may not
> >resume after a few minutes.  This problem forced me to install a PCI
> >networking card and stop using nfe.
>
> This should be fixed in -current; can you please try the latest revision
> of the driver?

After more testing - revision 1.12 still has problems under heavy packet
reception load, such as during large HFS operations.  Reception seems to
recover after 30 seconds or so (with the older revisions, I had to reboot
to get nfe going again, so this is an improvement).

There seems to be no problem under regular use - but when I try to edit
video files located on a remote machine, the problems begin.

  -jm