Subject: Re: Flash file system
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
From: Bharat Joshi <bharat.josh@gmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/24/2007 20:02:26
Hi Jason,

    Thanks for your reply.

> >      I also see couple of mails that Wasabi System has created a
> > Flash File System for NetBSD but did not see any mail if they have
> > contributed it back to NetBSD current. Can anybody confirm if it has
> > been done?
>
> Wasabi did not have a flash file system.  They had a driver that made
> memory-mapped flash devices appear as block devices, along with a wear-
> leveling / translation option that made it possible to put regular FFS
> file systems on these flash-backed-virtual-block-devices.

    Ok. IIRC, Someone has posted that they have a Flash File System
which is based on JFFS2.

    Do you have any idea if someone in NetBSD community is working on
a Flash File System?

    As mentioned in my previous posting, I am also looking to find out
why LFS is not enhanced to be used as Flash File System.

Thanks,
Bharat