Subject: Re: Flash file system
To: Bharat Joshi <bharat.josh@gmail.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/22/2007 10:33:47
On Jan 21, 2007, at 9:57 PM, Bharat Joshi wrote:

Note, I no longer work @ Wasabi, but I did at one time, and my
comments here reflect the state of the world when I left.  Things may
have changed since then.

>      I also see couple of mails that Wasabi System has created a
> Flash File System for NetBSD but did not see any mail if they have
> contributed it back to NetBSD current. Can anybody confirm if it has
> been done?

Wasabi did not have a flash file system.  They had a driver that made
memory-mapped flash devices appear as block devices, along with a wear-
leveling / translation option that made it possible to put regular FFS
file systems on these flash-backed-virtual-block-devices.

-- thorpej