Subject: Flash file system
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Bharat Joshi <bharat.josh@gmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/22/2007 11:27:32
Hi All,

       I needed some information on Flash File Systems in NetBSD. I
searched the archives but unfortunately did not get the information I
was looking for.

      I saw that there were couple of mails exchanged for the
requirement collections for a Flash File System, I wanted to know if
someone is working on an implementation.

      I also wanted to understand the shortcomings of existing LFS
because of which it is not considered to be used as a Flash File
System. I see it atleast provide wear-leveling.

      I also see couple of mails that Wasabi System has created a
Flash File System for NetBSD but did not see any mail if they have
contributed it back to NetBSD current. Can anybody confirm if it has
been done?

Thanks & Regards,
Bharat

PS: I am not subscribed to this list so please reply to my id as well.