Subject: Re: uirda-user sought
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/18/2007 09:12:30
Replying to the list, to clarify my request:

A willing helper wrote:

> [...] Is there a particular type that you would recommend, or
> that would be most helpful from a testing point of view?

Ok... some background:

UIRDA seems to be standardized.

- SigmaTel STIR 4200 does not belong to this class and needs a
  different driver. (ustir(4) for NetBSD).

- SigmaTel 4116, 4210, 4220 need firmware loading to act as an UIRDA;
  that's what I'm trying to add to uirda(4) currently.

I guess any non-SigmaTel that works with NetBSD-4 would be fine to make
sure I don't break them while adding STIR 4116/42xx...

E.g. - currently my experimental driver doesn't switch the transmitter on
(very well visible with a digital consumer camera or -phone); what I want
to know: is the UIRDA code broken? Did I break it? Or is my the STIR-ng
support broken?

Regards,
	-is
--