Subject: re: bce(4) and memory > 1GB problem
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/18/2007 13:47:02
   On Thu, Jan 18, 2007 at 05:26:11AM +1100, matthew green wrote:

   >    Thanks for pointing that out.
   >

   > good stuff.  i plan to test and commit this in the next couple of days.
   > i will probably add a __HAVE_BUS_DMATAG_SUBREGION (anyone have a better
   > name??) define to show this function is available to MI code, and
   > change bce(4) to barf if this is not present.

   This probably needs some work for Xen, I can have a look next week-end.
   This shouldn't be hard to implement.

what do you think xen will need?  i think all the bus_dma code
relevant here is shared?

BTW, kjk@ points out that __HAVE_BUS_DMATAG_SUBREGION isn't
strictly necessary as the code will fail to compile if
bus_dmatag_subregion() isn't in scope some how...

someone should try this on the broken PCI audio devices..

.mrg.