Subject: Re: Bluetooth module on com(4)
To: KIYOHARA Takashi <kiyohara@kk.iij4u.or.jp>
From: Iain Hibbert <plunky@rya-online.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/17/2007 13:00:35
On Wed, 17 Jan 2007, KIYOHARA Takashi wrote:

> > I'm not sure I understand your meaning..
>
> hmm...
> Should we mimic the initialization of bluz?  However, I cannot test.
> And, is bluz believed?

I'm sure that they can be believed (the code has been out for some time
with no complaints..). It would be better if documentation could be seen,
because they use some magic numbers, but I think this is from reverse
engineering so no docs will be found.

I think its ok to leave something for later though..

> # I got PCMCIA-card of Digianswer.  ;-)

that one looks quite simple, send a packet and wait some ms :)

just cosmetic comments from me (don't forget btuart.4 :)

btuart.h:
- use #ifndef / #define / #endif _DEV_BLUETOOTH_BTUART_H_

btuart.c:
- don't forget __KERNEL_RCSID(0, ..)
- see kprintf(9) and use aprint_* in autoconf
- see driver(9) and change funcs to btuart_match, btuart_attach (you end
  up with btuartattach also because of the pseudo-device but no worry)
- use memset(9), no bzero()
- bth4init_input does not need (ACL|SCO)_DATA_PKT handling? (in any case
  nobody wants to receive that here, just dump it)
- just use #ifdef BTUART_DEBUG instead of IFDBG

iain