Subject: Re: Patch for RTL8180 for rtw(4)
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/02/2007 01:42:03
On Mon, Jan 01, 2007 at 10:03:15PM -0600, Jaime Fournier wrote:
> I have made a patch for -current to get the RTL8185 to be identified and
> work.
> http://www.linbsd.org/8185.diff
>
> Was looking for feedback, and if once cleaned up if it could
> be commited.

The RTL8185 is an 802.11a/b/g media access controller and baseband
processor.  It is paired with either an RTL8225 or RTL8255 RF front-end
for 2.4 or 2.4/5 GHz operation, respectively.

The available docs on the RTL8185 are incomplete: information on the
baseband processor is completely missing.  Docs on the RTL8225 and
RTL8255 are completely unavailable.  Realtek provides reference drivers
containing mostly magic numbers.

Dave