Subject: Re: new kpi proposal, sysdisk(9)
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org, tech-security@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/30/2006 23:10:37
> Now, with disklabels, you can load a brand new disklabel into the
> kernel (I hope it complains, but I am not sure).  But if you can do
> that, you can do anything.  That door we must close. :-)

Fine, provided the admin can either open it again or configure things
to not close it.  I use that capability too much to be comfortable with
removing it entirely.  (Not often, and mostly when doing things like
migrating from one disk to another.  But often enough that it would be
a right royal - even if only occasional - PITA to lsoe it entirely.)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign