Subject: Re: mount(2) on kauth(9)
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Elad Efrat <elad@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/29/2006 16:18:29
YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:
>> I don't see
>> any case where this would matter, in practice.
>
> i think a listener might want to know the original request,
> if it does some kind of logging.
>
> YAMAMOTO Takashi

yeah that's the obvious case, but I think that's something we'll just
have to live with. :)

let's put it another way: bsd44 secmodel says "silently enforce nosuid
and nodev, as if the original request had them". so logging "non-root
user wanted to mount /foo on /bar with no flags" or "with nosuid, nodev
flags", as far as bsd44 secmodel, is the same.

other cases.. well, "when the time comes". :) (we're already past 4.0
branch so we have time to change in the future if there's need.)

-e.