Subject: Re: new kpi proposal, sysdisk(9)
To: Elad Efrat <>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/28/2006 22:14:21
On Thu, Dec 28, 2006 at 07:03:38PM +0200, Elad Efrat wrote:

> if it can be passed in mode bits, and we find a way to resolve the issue
> for raidframe, we might be able to use it, but that'd probably mean
> adding another vnode flag etc.

Hm... I'm very afraid of diving into the V* stuff myself, but...

using the normal device open / close paths has the advantage that the
change of the "in use" database is always in sync with the actual use,
and can't be accidentally (programming error/omission) be forgotten, and
without additional locking issues create - or am I wrong?

We'd have to add sysdisk_open()/_close() to all normal open/close calls
in appropriate places, and use some locking to make sure that the open
state and the "don't let anybody else open it" state don't get out of

seal your e-mail: