Subject: Two kauth changes
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org, elad@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Doran <ad@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/22/2006 07:43:23
Hi,

1. In a number of places we pass l->l_acflag to kauth.  This was originally
   for system accounting to trap the ASU flag, but that's not done any more.
   I'm going to remove the collating step from lwp_exit() and exit1(), but
   in the interests of minimizing unnecessary change, is it worthwhile
   removing the extra argument from kauth_authorize_generic()?

    292 	if ((error = kauth_authorize_generic(l->l_cred,
    293 	    KAUTH_GENERIC_ISSUSER, &l->l_acflag)) != 0)

2. Storage for listeners and scopes are allocated from pools.  Since there
   aren't likely to be many of them, it makes more sense to use kmem to
   allocate those. Any objections if I change it to do that?

	http://www.netbsd.org/~ad/kauth.diff

Thanks,
Andrew