Subject: Re: Continued problems with SMP on NetBSD/alpha
To: Tonnerre LOMBARD <>
From: Bill Studenmund <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/18/2006 10:18:59

On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 07:56:18AM +0100, Tonnerre LOMBARD wrote:
> Salut,
> On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 12:13:46AM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> > To make any remarks, some hard data is needed: panic message, stack=20
> > backtrace, maybe ofer things.
> None. That's my problem. However, last time it crashed I got an error
> shortly before that, which was about the stge0 network interface. As I

I think there may be some confusion here, or we're talking past each=20
other. If the crash code isn't getting you the info you/we need, then set=
things back up so you drop into ddb. When you get dropped into ddb, the=20
panic message should immediately preceed the ddb prompt. Then you can type=
"t" to get a trace.

I think you mentioned screen shots; they hold (well, will hold if you get=
the back trace) exactly what's needed. Or as close as we can get. :-)

Take care,