Subject: Re: Import JMicron driver [Resending it]
To: Manuel Bouyer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Pierrick Brossin <email@example.com>
Date: 12/13/2006 18:51:09
On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 11:49:28PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> Is the JMicron controller AHCI-compliant ? If so it should work
> with ahci without much changes.
From their site:
- Compliant with Serial ATA AHCI (Advanced Host Controller Interface)
Spec. Reversion 1.0
- Compliant with Bus Master Programming interface for IDE ATA
Controllers Revision 1.0
- Compliant with PCI Express Base Spec. Revision 1.0a
- Compliant with Serial ATA High Speed Serialized AT Attachment Spec.
- Compliant with Serial ATA II: Extensions to Serial ATA 1.0a Revision
- Compliant with Gen1m and Gen2m Serial ATA II: Electrical Spec.
> I'd assume this is for a controller in pciide-compat mode. In this case
> yes, you can create a jmicronide.c (of jmicronsata.c if this is a SATA
Well the DVD drive is recognized on pciide0 while the hd is recognized
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks for your time