Subject: writing an AHB to PCI bridge driver?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/12/2006 14:53:25
I need to write a driver for the AHB(?) to PCI bus bridge on the
Infineon ADM5120, the chip that is on the boards by Routerboard.com.

Is there anything like a "howto" for writing such a bridge driver?
Are there especially good examples in the tree?

It appears to me that it is a "simple" matter of implementing pci(9)
routines such as pci_intr_establish(9), pci_conf_{read,write}(9),
pci_mapreg_map(9), mapping memory and I/O space, filling a
pcibus_attach_args instance and passing it to config_found_ia().

What will surprise me as a first-time bus-bridge driver author?

Dave