Subject: Re: bge(4) tcp4csum problem -- driver problem or chip problem???
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@NetBSD.org>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/08/2006 10:19:26
	You don't need gigabit equipment on the other end to test this
bug.  I'm using it in 100base-T mode with these problematic results.
-Brian

On Dec 8,  7:44am, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
} On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 06:22:54AM +0000, Michael van Elst wrote:
} > buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org (Brian Buhrow) writes:
} >
} > >	With hardware tcp4 checksumming enabled, I see a large number of tcp
} > >packets discarded for checksum errors.
} >
} > Happens here too with netbsd3, so that looks like a bug in the bge driver.
} >
} > I have yet to verify this with netbsd4.
}
} I have bge in one of my bosses' new laptop, but no Gigabit equipment
} I can test it with. Maybe I can borrow some downstairs. Wait -
} cross-over cable and one of the new Sun machines, maybe.
}
} would be -4, as I need that at least for the wireless network.
}
} 	-is